This article describes the process of setting different permission levels for member accounts in Lifecycle Manager.
What permissions do my team members need?
In Lifecycle Manager, specific functions can be made available depending on each team member's role. In order to align their responsibilities, they must have access to the right Lifecycle Manager features. You can accomplish this by assigning one or more of the following permissions.
For example, the member responsible for adding/updating integrations will not be able to add any of Lifecycle Manager's supported integrations if they don’t have the Manage sync settings permission.
Note: All Lifecycle Manager members have basic permissions enabled by default. Basic permissions cannot be disabled.
- Access hardware/software data
- Warranty coverage
- Download Hardware lifecycle reports
- Manage Roadmaps, Scorecards, and Initiatives
Manage Basic Settings
- Manage account and per-client settings
- Modify hardware replacement and warranty coverage settings
- Set company branding on reports
- Change scheduled reports
Manage Sync Settings
- Manually run a sync
- Manage and archive sync issues
- Manage and view integrations
- Link/rename client
Place Orders & Manage Billing
- Manage billing information
- View subscription and warranty invoices
- View warranty coverage cards and orders
- Purchase ScalePad Warranties
- Invite and remove members
- Manage member permissions
- Send password and MFA reset emails
- Set MFA requirements
- Everything previously listed
How to edit member permissions
If you're an account administrator for your organization, you can edit existing member permissions and set them for new members.
To edit the role/permissions of an existing member:
Navigate to Settings > Members
Select the member account to edit
Select the appropriate member permissions checkboxes
Click the Save member button